The Council released its 2015 Annual Report at its Annual Membership Meeting on April 6th.
- Provided our membership with forums where they discussed emerging homeland security issues with leaders from CBP, Coast Guard, Congress, DHS Management Directorate and S&T Directorate, DNDO, FEMA, JTFN, NPPD, Secret Service, TSA, and USCIS
- Traveled with our members to El Paso, TX, and Seattle, WA, for Executive Tours where we learned more about aviation, border, port, intelligence, immigration, and law enforcement operations unique to each region
- Testified twice before the U.S. House of Representatives at the request of the Committee on Homeland Security to provide industry perspectives on the DHS S&T Directorate, and recommendations for a more efficient organization
- Expanded our Framework efforts and developed an Acquisition Communication Digital Binder that provides suggested best practices for communication between government and industry during the acquisition process
- Utilized the expertise of our membership in small group meetings at the request of the GAO, DHS Office of Intelligence & Analysis, and DHS S&T Directorate
- Launched our five-year 20/20 Project on the Homeland Security Enterprise that resulted in holding a National Conversation & Symposium and issuing our inaugural survey that provided insights and perspectives from our membership and DHS officials